Alison Rowley- Lecture 1- 19/01/15
January 19, 2015 § Leave a comment
- He took a series of 6 black and white photographs taken in Belfast, Ireland.
- He took a some photos twice, firstly in 1988 and then again in 2008
- Also the photos he took in 1988 he then didn’t print until 2008 but used special paper to add the age to the photograph
Photos looked at….
- We looked at McKibbon’s court 2008…
- Donegal lane, Belfast, 1988 and then printed in 2008
- The Westlink, Belfast, 1988 and also printed in 2008
- 2 photos from strategy: Sever/Isolate
- -Isolate taken in 2008, the footbridge, Westlink
We also looked at a photo taken in northern Ireland, environment agency, monument + building record
And some photos from Thomas Stahl-
- Crosby street, new york in 1979
- Düsselstrasse, Düsseldorf
We learned that Thomas Stahl had a huge influence on Willie Doherty’s work and his approach to his photograph
I found this lecture to be useful because of the influences shown and the techniques used, however I didn’t really enjoy the lecture because it is not something I would usually find interesting or be interested in.